9.09.2010

Coffee Fiend: Kyoto Style

Oh-so-clean. :)

Have I mentioned that I like coffee? It's starting to become so much of a problem that I'm pretty sure K.yo and Special K were trying to arrange an intervention for me. Well, their wish semi-came true when I got sick last week. I was off the beans for over a week; a record that was broken by the discovery of Blue Bottle's Kyoto Iced Coffee through K.yo and 7x7. Apparently, Kyoto style means long-ass dripping process. According to the mag, each drop of water trickles ever so slowly, one at a time, in order to "[bring] out delicate flavors you might miss in a piping hot cup." Riiiiight. I love coffee, but sometimes even I get tired of coffee culture. Anyways, the coffee was good...as is all Blue Bottle. Think of it as Blue Bottle's New Orleans Style iced coffee but without the cream and sugahhh. Oh, almost forgot to mention that it's only served at the Mint Plaza locale.

Blue Bottle
66 Mint Street, San Francisco
(Across from the Westfield Mall in Downtown. Walk down fifth street, and you'll see a sign for the Plaza.)

1 comment: