8.29.2010

Mission: Street Food







Dudes, I've been attending food fests like no one's biznet lately. First up: SF Street Food Festival in the Mission. Not going to lie, but I planned this to a tee. I printed out a map and literally circled every place that I wanted to swing by. A little crazy? Slightly. But, K.yo and Special K will agree with me, when I say that you really should plan food fests. It's quite easy to get distracted because let's face it, almost everything at the festival is going to be pretty noms. Just make sure that you know where a few of the to-die-for spots are, and head to them first! BECAUSE THEY WILL SELL OUT.

First Stop: Nombe
  • K.yo and I have been wanting to go to this place forever, but like any other izakaya, it's expensive. It's also in the Mission, and we don't really hang around there too often at night. Nombe probably had one of the longest lines at the festival. However, it was admittedly worth it. Bathed in sweet-and-sour sauce with green onions, basil and/or cilantro, the fried chicken wings were extremely delicious. The flavourful sauce really made it. Nombe ftw.
Second Stop: Endless Summer Sweets
  • The K's and I decided to split a Funnel Cake from Endless Summer Sweets after said wings. I believe that this place is associated with La Cocina, and according to their website, they're served at certain Farmers and Flea Markets. Perfectly fried and topped with cream, strawberries, and powdered sugar, the Funnel Cake was freaking amazing. Definitely a good dessert to split.
Third Stop: Ritual
  • You have to admit that Ritual's little trailer is pretty damn cute. I go to their coffee shop pretty often, so I wasn't planning to purchase anything that day...until I heard about their Coffee Pops. It's exactly what it sounds like. COFFEE POPSICLES. They cooled me down and kept me well caffeinated. :)
Fourth Stop: Kung Fu Tacos
  • Who doesn't love that name? Major points for that before even trying it. But yeah, it was pretty good. And spicy...but I may have gone a little crazy with the sriarcha. The line was also quite long, but they are definitely worth checking out. Pictured: Mu Shu Veggie. It was mushroomy-goodness.
--The panda has spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment