7.15.2010

Nom-ing on Namu Street Food


Today, I practiced something I like to call "speed lunching."

Setting: The Ferry Building.
Mission: Namu Street Food.
Here's the story: Ferry Plaza Farmers Market occurs every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Buttttt, there are only certain Street Food stands on Thursdays and Saturdays that serve what the Ferry Building's website likes to call "artisan street food" as well as "hot, delicious meals" from local restaurants. Jaja, I know that everyone is rolling their eyes by now, but stick with me here! For me Thursday is the golden day because both Hapa Ramen and Namu are there (I couldn't find Namu on Saturday). So, I ventured to the lovely tourist/yuppie ridden market during my lunch break on the quest for Namu. I call it "speed lunching" because I only had 2.5 hours to get there, order, eat, and get back to work (in Berk, mind you)! Definitely worth the trip though! I would suggest ordering the Real Korean Tacos. Seasoned rice, kalbi short ribs, daikon and kimchee salsa, kimchee remoulade, house-made teriyaki folded into Japanese and Korean toasted seaweeds! SUPER NOMS. I also ordered the Kimchee Fried Rice, which was good, but also pretty standard. (I did not try it with a free range egg, but maybe it tastes better that way.)

Ferry Building Marketplace
One Ferry Building

No comments:

Post a Comment